The UK Gambling Commission has set out the five priority areas of its new strategy for 2018 to 2021. Gambling Commission Chair Bill Moyes said: “This is an ambitious strategy to deliver fairer and safer gambling over the next three years. We can only be successful in this by engaging with consumers and by working closely with all our regulatory partners and the industry”.
The gambling regulator will focus on:
1. Protecting the interests of consumers
2. Preventing harm to consumers and the public
3. Raising standards in the gambling market
4. Optimising returns to good causes from lotteries
5. Improving the way the commission regulates gambling
The full overview of the Gambling Commission’s strategy can be found here: