GBGC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 8 May 2018.
What we collect
GBGC may collect the following information through the website [contact form, store, newsletter sign-up]:
- Contact information including email address, phone number and address. These are often the business contact details of an individual, not your personal details.
- Payment details. These are usually the corporate banking details of an individual’s employer, not the individual’s personal banking details.
What we do with the information we gather
GBGC largely deals with individuals in their professional roles (“B2B”), rather than as private consumers (“B2C”). As such, GBGC requires the information it gathers to understand your business needs, to respond to enquiries and to supply the services for which you have signed up.
Under GDPR, GBGC collects information under the following basis:
- Contractual necessity: if GBGC has entered into a contract with your company to complete consultancy work or supply access to GBGC’s reports, GBGC needs to hold contact information and payment details.
- Unambiguous consent of the individual: if you fill in the forms on GBGC’s website to receive GBGC’s gambling newsletter [name and email address], including additional opt-in measure, or contact form [name, phone number, email address], we need to hold the contact information to fulfill the request.
- Internal record keeping:
- maintaining details for key contacts at subscribers to GBGC’s reports.
- holding contact details for financial accounting purposes.
- Delivering our services:
- Using your name and email address to create an account, including the creation of a username and password, to enable access to GBGC’s reports under the terms of your subscription.
- Using email addresses to send updates and new reports to customers under the terms of your subscription with GBGC.
- Improving our services:
- From time to time, we may also use customers’ information to contact you about the services you already take from GBGC and how they can be improved.
- Improving the newsletter:
- Collecting data to assess which stories and topics are most popular in our newsletter.
GBGC’s monthly newsletter
We use a third-party provider, HTDL’s eShot, to deliver our monthly gambling newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletter. For more information, please see HTDL’s privacy notice (https://www.htdl.co.uk/).
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org .
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps GBGC analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
When someone visits GBGC.com we use third party services, Adobe Business Catalyst (Adobe Analytics) and Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
Adobe Analytics is a website analytics service provided by Adobe Systems Inc.
Google Analytics is a website analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of the GBGC website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the adverts of its own advertising network. GBGC’s website does not carry adverts.
The personal data collected are cookies and usage data.
GBGC uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used and measure the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This helps GBGC collect data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customers’ needs. GBGC only uses this information for the purpose of statistical analysis.
Overall, cookies help GBGC provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
GBGC’s website does not carry adverts but the news stories we publish on our website may contain links to other websites or articles of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave GBGC’s site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2002. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to GBGC, 2nd Floor, 8-10 Malew Street, Castletown, Isle of Man, IM9 1AB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will correct any information found to be incorrect as promptly as possible.
You can unsubscribe from GBGC’s newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing us email@example.com.
GBGC is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The GDPR will be implemented in the Isle of Man using a new Data Protection Bill. New data protection provisions will be in regulations which set out all the data protection procedures and powers of the Information Commissioner.
First Floor, Prospect House
Douglas, Isle of Man